This article was a collaboration with bean. Thanks bean!
Don’t forget that Fall 2017 pre-reg comes to a close today at 5pm!! So if you’re like me and have spent wayy too long looking through WesMaps but not actually adding anything to your course list or just totally forgot and are in a total panic we’ve got you covered! Some of these have pre-reqs (sorry not sorry, the classes still look sick though), but if you’re looking to fill up some empty space in your additional courses, these classes are the way to go.
Here’s a list of classes we think are super interesting and worth adding:
- Heroes, Lovers, and Swindlers: Medieval and Renaissance Spanish Literature and History. (SPAN 230/COL 229/MDST 228, Professor Michael Roche)
- Murder and Adultery: Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, and the 19th–Century Russian Novel (RUSS 205/REES 205/RULE 205, Professor Susanne Grace Fusso)
- Computational Media: Videogame Design and Development (CIS 250/FILM 250/COMP 350, Professor Christopher S. Weaver)
- Sex, Money, and Power: Anthropology of Intimacy and Exchange (ANTH 203/FGSS 223/AMST 228, Professor Margot Weiss)
- Baby Got Back: Embodiment, Gender, and Sexuality in Black Music (SOC 308, Professor: Courtney Patterson-Faye)