Well, MRoth’s efforts at differentiating Wesleyan’s brand from Wellesley’s is all but over once HRC comes to Middletown. RJ Julia posted on their website and Facebook page that Hillary Rodham Clinton will be coming to Middletown on Saturday, October 21 at 2pm for a book signing of her new book, “What Happened.” Sadly enough, this event will take place during Wesleyan’s fall break and many students therefore, will not be able to attend.
This event is ticketed and will cost $30+tax. You will get a copy of her book and chance for it to be signed. Here are the extremely vetted guidelines for this event. According to the event’s page:
- A ticket is required for each attendee in your party to join the book signing line.
- Hillary Clinton will also sign copies of her 2017 illustrated children’s book edition of IT TAKES A VILLAGE, available for purchase at the store the day of the event.
- She will sign a maximum of two books for each attendee.
- Hillary Clinton will not personalize books.
- She will not sign memorabilia of any kind
Here is the link. Hopefully, she will sign a copy of Beyond the University: Why a Liberal Education Matters. The jury’s still out on that one.
The tickets did sell out within 24 hours. We’ll try to get someone to liveblog the event so that no one misses any of the action.