“Yes, I will kiss the girl from Venus for science”
**update as of 3:52pm today, wescam is LIVE! wesleyanscam.com**
It is now officially April 8th here on the east coast, which means (spoiler alert) the wescam website will be live literally any second. (Also it’s this year’s organizer/lead coding queen Emma Freeman ’19‘s birthday!) It’s going up earlier this year than it has in the past, which could be either a good thing or a bad thing? Historically, I’ve been very excited for the first week of wescam season, after which my hype factor diminishes exponentially. This is most likely because I’m a horrifically terrible texter, but also because of the self-fulfilling prophecy that wescam won’t live up to my expectations. But Mercury is no longer in retrograde, so maybe this year will be ~different~.
Seeing as apparently spring is the season for #figuring #shit #out, here are some things I’ve been thinking about in the lead up to wescam:
- this article by Ella Dawson ’15 that everyone at this goddamn school needs to read
- how do u keep track of all the seniors you want to wescam/do you make a list/is that weird?
- am i a bad millennial for being a bad texter?
- sadness at my senior friends graduating
- more creative conversation starters than 20 questions (if you have tips please write-in) (pls)
- that one wescam I forgot to open/didn’t guess last year that will now haunt me forever
- A cost/benefit analysis of using the SuperCrush function
- how it’s a good thing that I recently (read: two days ago) decided to (1) start saying yes to things I would normally say no to in an effort to (2) do more dumb shit in college (see #16)
- Do I know any single grad students?
- is wescam the wesleyan version of the thrill of the chase?
- is Wesleyan still the horniest college in the country?
- whether or not wescam season coincides with sex-in-olin season
what are @mroth’s thoughts on wescam?just kidding
- is it worth it to wescam that senior boy?
- should you even be wescamming that senior boy
- yes, you should wescam that senior boy.
- this tweet:
as wescam season approaches just wanna tell u all 2 stay safe hav fun & dont expect anything more than a 1nite stand from seniors bcs theyve gotta go live their lives yk & cant even FOLLOW u BACK on twitter 2 years later EVEN if it was ur FIRST TIME god damn it just follow me ba
— jubes (@bbygrandpa) April 4, 2019
I leave you all with these parting words: