1. That was a really awesome show because of that last song they played.
2. Wesleyan’s policy regarding registered event termination times is absurd, verging on ludicrous. A 2am moratorium on fun doesn’t make any sense, and nobody likes it. The PSafe officers graciously gave the MGMT 10 extra minutes due to technical difficulties, but the policy they are required to enforce is just stupid.
3. If you put your head onto the weapon of a police officer, they will shove it violently away.
4. Does anyone feel like writing a pitch for some kind of COPS: HIPSTER HIJICKS television program where obese, laughably southern-accented Law Enforcement Officers beat down tight-panted noncompliant rock bands singing “fuck the police”? I think it would be great.
5. Would the MGMT have had a better music video if they’d bit the bullet and not complied with the Law Enforcement Officer and been arrested? The music video ends with the lead singer getting Tased and forced into the back of a police vehicle while crying undergrads paw at the windows. It’s all about authenticity. Also, Columbia Records might foot the legal bill.
6. How totally sweet was all the music that we did get to hear?