While the above poster says a fair amount about the event, there are a few things to add:
- This event is co-sponsored by AAA House, Professor Tony Day, and Julian Theseira ’14, RA of 156 High Street and a Malaysian. Julian will be running the Malay conversation hour.
- There are lots of awesome reasons why you should come check out this event, including that Obama spent part of his childhood in Indonesia and still knows some words of Malay/Indonesian, and the region itself is of increasing strategic importance to the U.S.
- Gavin Swee ’13 will be making his famous home-made chicken curry. This is already on the poster, and this should be reason enough for you to come.
- Date: Sunday, February 26
- Time: 1:30 – 2:30 PM
- Place: Asian/Asian-American (AAA) House, 107 High Street (behind Butt B)
- Cost: Free!
From Natalia Powers-Riggs ’13:
Join the folks at Asian/Asian American House, Chinese House, Japanese Hall, Full House, Taiwanese Cultural Society, Hong Kong Students’ Association and Panda Club for a night of fun-filled activities and amazing food! Mid Autumn Festival is a traditional festival celebrated by many in Asia, and a key feature of the celebration is viewing the round moon and enjoying mooncakes. We will serve traditional (and delicious) mooncakes, Chinese tea, and delicious Japanese, Chinese and Vietnamese cuisine! We will also host a lantern walk and a talk by Professor Xiaomiao Zhu of the Asian Languages and Literatures Department – all for free!
Tickets are available for collection – free of charge – at Usdan on Thursday 9/15 from 11am till 2pm, while stocks last!
Date: Saturday, Sept. 17
Time: 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Place: Asian/Asian American House Front Lawn (107 High Street, behind Butt B)