To the Wesleyan community,
Greetings. Today I write to commend you on your solitude (so far, read on) on this day usually reserved for displays of affection, even love. That being said, the administration understands the toll the suppression of sexuality takes on the developing mind and has been hard at work with local and state officials to reach a compromise on your behalf.
Sometimes life is just garbage.
Here are three pieces of media that brought me joy during the first 263 days of this dumb, hellish, seemingly decade-long year.
Just postin’ ’em here in the hope that you find similar contentment (and maybe catharsis?) during the remaining hundred three days. <3
- The University is proposing to reopen campus this fall, Michael Roth announced today in an all-campus email.
- Classes would start and end a week early, with the possibility of finishing online after Thanksgiving. With the early start, we would miss at most one week of in-person instruction.
- Additional precautions, such as travel restrictions and contact tracing, would be taken to ensure the health of the student body, faculty, and staff.
- Students unable to return to campus this fall would be able to continue their coursework online. If students wish to defer, they must petition to do so by June 30.
- More details will be released in early July.
Read on for the full email: