Mickey Capper ’13 wants you to get excited early about this show coming to campus in January:
Radical Performance Machine, the group that brought you Titus Andronicus, Bear in Heaven, Suckers, Beach House, Yeasayer, and Zakir Hussain, presents:
- My Brightest Diamond, the musical project of Sufjan Stevens protegé Shara Worden. Her music sounds like Led Zeppelin playing opera, and she has most recently collaborated with the Decemberists on their latest album. She is bringing her full rock band AND a six-piece string ensemble to the Memorial Chapel to blow Wesleyan’s collective mind.
- Emily Wells, a multi-instrumentalist who will perform earlier in the evening. She deftly fuses musical elements of hip-hop and classical. She may be the only human being to cover Notorious B.I.G. with a violin and make it sound AWESOME!
- Wesleyan’s own Mel Hsu ’13, who will bring her magical cello and heart-stopping voice to open the show.
You don’t want to be late. The concert is for members of the Wesleyan community and their guests.
Tickets will be $4.00 (which is really a steal for this show) and go on sale on January 21st.
- Date: Saturday, January 29
- Time: 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Place: Memorial Chapel
- Cost: $4.00
- Tickets go on sale January 21st