From Izzy Gauthier ’14
It’s finally that time of year! Get excited for WESU’s semi-annual Record Fair! Vendors will be coming from across the Northeast. Come to find the best of the best, and the treasures you’ve been looking for. There will be live DJs, food vendors, and plenty of WESU gear. Come support the station (and invite your friends). This event is free and open to the public.
If you have any questions feel free to email events[at]wesufm[dot]org
Date: Saturday, October 12th
Time: 11:00AM – 4:00PM
Place: Beckham Hall
From Rachie Weisberg ’15:
See you there!
Sophie “Betch” Duncan ’13 writes in to let y’all know about a dope way to snack. The Farmers’ Market will shake things up with both their vendors and their day of choice. Read on if I’ve piqued your attention, and even if I haven’t…
You know the drill, it’s a farmers’ market and it’s awesome. But this time, it’s on the weekend! And in coordination with Foodstock and a collection of food trucks. Come get your fill of live music, greens and other veggies, apples, bread, and more! Bring your cash money.
- Date: Saturday, May 5
- Time: 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Place: Usdan Courtyard
So, come on out. You might end up as happy as this person.
No matter how you pronounce it, WESU wants me and you and everyone we know to come to the Record Fair this Sunday at Beckham Hall, 11 am – 4 pm. Why, you ask? Mary Barrett ’14 will (channel the radio station and) tell you:
- Record fairs are great avenues for expanding your already impressive music collection.
- The WESU Record Fair is FREE FOR ALL (open to the public).
- There will be vendors galore, selling records, CDs, and posters. Posters!
- WESU will be selling exclusive WESU merchandise.
- You can enter a raffle to win a bunch of cool prizes; there’s gonna be a wheel!
- FOOD TRUCKS will be posted up outside Beckham. And not just any food trucks: The Whey Station and Paul’s Ice Cream Truck.
- DJs from our station (WESU) (in case that wasn’t clear) (from the rest of this post) will be spinning vinyl live all day.
- You can literally get so much music for so cheap.
- For all those WESU DJs-in-training, offering to help load/unload equipment just might get you a much-needed service hour.
Date: Sunday, April 15th
Time: 11 am – 4 pm
Place: Beckham Hall, Wyllys Ave, Middletown, CT 06459
Who: All ages
Why: Tunes ‘n food