We haven’t been able to post enough meta-blog posts this semester, so here’s one.
We’re recruiting again (not that we ever stop because you can join year round) because Wesleying is severely understaffed. We need writers, videographers, interviewers, photographers, Internet addicts, Photoshop fiends, homespun Wes historians, general Wesleyan-student enthusiasts like we’ve never needed them before (like, since 2009).
If you think Wesleying is cool, but more importantly, are motivated to write for us, we’d be happy to have you. In the immortal words of The Great Sheek, “All you need is Internet access, the ability to string sentences together coherently, and an interest in life at Wesleyan as it is, was, and might be.”
Why you should join Wesleying:
- You write stuff and thousands (literally) of people read your stuff.
- The opportunity to interview powerful people.
- Occasional offers of fancy press passes for cool conferences.
- A personal megaphone: shed light on campus issues that are close to home (or not).
- Know everything that’s happening on campus before anybody else.
- Access to the drama-filled amusement ride that is the Wesleying listserv.
- Wesleying alums have gone on to awesome publications and continue to shred it. If you’re interested in journalism at all, this is where it’s at.