Finals got you stressing? Not sleeping as much as you need to? Seriously debating the pro’s/con’s of directly injecting caffeine into your bloodstream? Well, you might want to reconsider that 5th cup of coffee after reading these lovely sleep tidbits sent in by our amazing and dedicated Peer Health Advocates.
For more advice and information on sleep, stop by WesWell or set up an appointment with a Health Educator at WesWell.
Sleep Fun Facts:
- Most adults need between 7.5 and 9 hours of sleep per night – typically we should feel wide-awake and energetic all day without a significant midday drop in alertness.
- Light is the most powerful cue affecting sleep: darkness triggers the release of melatonin, a hormone that brings on sleep.
- It takes one hour of sleep to pay for every two hours of wakefulness.
- A well rested person takes 15 to 20 minutes to fall asleep.
- Brief naps taken daily are far healthier than sleeping in or taking very long naps on the weekend.