Ford Fellow Gabe Borelli writes in:
If you love to read, write, and—most importantly—help others with their writing, apply to be a writing tutor this spring!
The Writing Workshop has several positions open for qualified students looking to be Writing Workshop tutors, writing mentors, and thesis mentors for the spring 2016 semester.
Writing tutors receive a $500 stipend and 1/2 course credit in the Writing Certificate. In order to apply, you will need to do the following:
1) Fill out a pre-application form HERE.
2) Fill out a hard copy of the full application by November 1st at 8:00 AM. Applications are due to Ford Fellow Gabe Borelli in Downey 103 and can be found HERE.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Gabe Borelli at writingworks[at]wesleyan[dot]edu or Interim Director of Academic Writing Meg Furniss Weisberg at mweisberg[at]wesleyan[dot]edu.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, November 1 at 8 AM
From the folks at Espwesso:
WE’RE HIRING AGAIN !!! crazy how quickly this happens. See the application questions below, and email your answers as well as a resume to rmanayan(at)wesleyan(dot)edu by this Sunday, May 1st. Work-study only, underclassmen preferred!!!
1. Are you work-study?
2. What is your relative availability Sunday – Thursday nights (9pm – 1am), and how many hours do you anticipate wanting to work per week?
3. Why do you want to work at the cafe?
4. What other activities and organizations do you take part in during the school year?
5. Tell us about something interesting or weird you’ve heard/read about this past week.
6. Use an experience to illustrate your ability to work in customer service or group environment. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?
7. You’re working at Espwesso and we are ALL OUT OF non-dairy milk. Sasha and Malia Obama walk in and ask for almond milk lattes. WHAT DO YOU DO?
Application Deadline: Sunday, May 1
From Avaa Saniee ’17:
Apply now to be a part of Homecoming & Family Weekend 2015 (November 6th-8th), an event put on annually by the University for students, family, alumni and friends of Wesleyan! Student workers play an integral role in the weekend by greeting guests at the registration site, assisting with activity and event preparation, escorting guests around campus in shuttle vans, and much more!
To apply for a position, please fill out and submit this form by Friday, October 16, 2015 at 5:00 PM.
Preference will be given to those with flexible schedules. You will be notified of your application status via email no later than Tuesday, October 20, 2015.
Application deadline: Friday, October 16 at 5 PM