Midnight Madness is happening this Saturday, March 28th.
A scavenger hunt, dinner, and party, all in support of Best Buddies, a non-profit that forms partnerships between students and people with disabilities:
Info session for all participants: Monday, 6:30pm, Usdan 110 (find out what you must know before Sat and get 100 pre-bonus points awarded per person)
You can WIN PRIZES:
- Destinta 10 Movie Tickets
- Six Flags 4 Tickets
- CT Defenders Baseball Tickets
- CT Rockcats Baseball 4 Tickets
- CT Beardsley’s Zoo 2 family passes for four people each
- Lyman Orchards 2 Golf Passes & 6 pies
- Red Bull 5 cases of 24 cans
- Coldstone Creamery Inc. One year free ice-cream
- Underworld Gaming 3 five-hr accounts
- Boston Celtics Basketball autographed by Leon Powe
- Staples Two $50 or $25 Gift Certificate
- Puerto Vallarta $35 Gift Certificate
- Japanica II $30 Gift Certificate
- Puerto Vallarta $25 Gift Certificate
- It’s Only Natural $25 Gift Certificate
- Fiore II $25 Gift Certificate
- La Boca $25 Gift Certificate
- Thai Gardens $25 Gift Certificate
- Tuscany Grill $20 Gift Certificate
- China King $20 Gift Certificate
- Sweet Harmony $15 Gift Certificate
- Sammy’s Pizza $5 Gift Certificate
- Wesleyan Gear (over 20 prizes) Bestselling novels, Nalgenes, Hoodies, T-Shirts, Tote Bags, Plush Toys, Keychains
Questions? Email: wesmidnightmadness@gmail or Facebook: Cardinal Jack
Date: Monday, March 23
Time: 6:30 pm
Place: Usdan 110
Wesleyan University Best Buddies will be hosting Midnight Madness, a campus-wide scavenger hunt on Saturday, March 28 – come to an info session this weekend to find out more, and sign up soon!
Do you want to spend the day with your friends on a scavenger hunt and performing fun tasks? Do you want to win great prizes? If so, please consider signing up for Midnight Madness, a campus-wide scavenger hunt happening on Saturday, March 28. Teams will earn points towards prizes through the scavenger hunt activities and through fund-raising for Best Buddies. Best Buddies is an organization that works to enhance the lives of people with intellectual disabilities through providing opportunities for friendship.
Prizes include gift certificates to restaurants, tickets to sporting events and Six Flags, and more!
You can find more information here or by emailing the student committee at wesmidnightmadness(at)gmail.com. There will be students to assist you with registration at Usdan during sign-up week from February 16-20th.
Info session: Important info about registration, fundraising, and the scavenger hunt
Date: Saturday, February 21
Time: 2-3 PM
Place: PAC 002
Reslife, Midnight Madness, and Wesleyan Students for Disability Rights are co-hosting a screening of Emmanuel’s Gift (www.emmanuelsgift.com), a documentary about how poorly people with physical disabilities are perceived and treated in Ghana, and how a Ghanaian man born with a deformed leg biked 600km cross-country to show that people with disabilities can make valuable contributions to society and to change people’s attitudes. Dinner (Haveli’s!) will be served, and after the film there will be a discussion about disability issues led by Professor Sheila Mullen.
What: movie, free dinner from Haveli’s, and disability discussion
When: Monday, Feb. 16th at 6:30 p.m.
Where: Shanklin 107
[Info courtesy of Allegra Stout ’12]
Wesleyan is hosting Midnight Madness for the first time this spring, which promises to be the most awesome adventure to hit our campus…
Midnight Madness is a gigantic pirate-themed scavenger hunt happening this Spring.
Teams are comprised of 6-10 people that try to complete as many wacky tasks as possible in 12 hours – anyone on campus can participate, and so can people from the Middletown community.
At the stroke of midnight, teams race across the finish line into a giant party with live entertainment. Prizes and awards will be given out to the winners with the most points, the highest fundraiser, and other categories. Middletown businesses will be enlisted to sponsor prizes, donations, etc.
Some example tasks at other universities have been:
- Duct tape your friend to a wall (100 pts)
- Spell a word using your team’s bodies (30 pts)
- Find a pirate captain hat (15 pts)
Notable prizes in the past have been:
- Year supply of Red Bull, Pizza delivery
- Spring break cruise vacation package
- iPods and other home entertainment devices
All this fun and fundraising will raise awareness for and support Best Buddies, a nonprofit that enhances the lives of people with intellectual disabilities across the world.
What will Wesleyan’s Midnight Madness be like? We are now looking for people to help out with organizing the event. If you are interested or have questions, please email Nicole: firstname.lastname@example.org.