Leo Enverga ’14 offers another way to help out with relief efforts:
A benefit show is being held after Thanksgiving, bringing together different facets of the Wes performance scene (a capella, dance, bands, cultural performances, etc.), in support of Typhoon Haiyan relief efforts in the Philippines!
Come to today’s meeting at 9PM in Usdan 110 to find out more about the event, to volunteer and to confirm your group’s involvement!
Two ways to help with this event:
– Volunteer! We’ll need help keeping the event running smoothly, promoting and raising awareness for the typhoon and ways to help during the event, and advertising.
– Perform! We’re having a variety of performers, so please don’t hesitate to join the show’s program! We’re showing the world that all sides of Wes care.
Thanks for your help!
Date: Today, November 20, 2013
Time: 9PM – 10PM
Place: Usdan 110
An important message from Leo Enverga ’14:
The Philippines was struck by Super Typhoon Haiyan, displacing 670,000 people from their homes and affecting approximately 11 million people.
Join PINOY, Wesleyan’s Filipino Club, in raising money for UNICEF. Your support will help provide shelter, clean water and food for children in need.
HOW TO HELP:
1) We will be accepting donations downstairs at Usdan during lunch and dinner. “Walang Iwanan” wristbands come with a minimum donation of $5!
2) If you would prefer to donate online, you can do so by following this link: donate!
Please email Leo at fenverga(at)wesleyan(dot)edu for any inquiries or finding out how to help with Wesleyan’s relief efforts.
Date: November 15-December 8, 2013
Time: 11AM – 8PM
Cost: By donation, any amount
Do you like amazing food? Would you like to celebrate Southeast Asian culture? Do you want to watch gorgeous men dancing in coconut bras? Come watch all these things collide in Pistahan, a celebration of Filipino culture on March 30!
PINOY (The Filipino Cultural Club) will be selling for the tickets for $5.00 during both lunch and dinner slots at Usdan until Friday March 30 at 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM, and then 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM. A ticket and a wristband will be sold for $6.00.
All proceeds from sales will go to flood relief for “Typhoon Sendong,” which struck the south coast of the Philippines in the early portion of December last year.
- Date: Friday, March 30
- Time: 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Place: Beckham Hall
- Cost: $5.00 – Ticket; $6.00 – Ticket and Wristband
Submitted by Reese Sy ’13, who could also go by Karla or Therese if she so chose:
Want to help out a good cause while getting a lovely wristband as gratitude?
PINOY (The Filipino Cultural Club) will be selling the above wristbands for $2.00 during both lunch and dinner slots at Usdan from Tuesday, February 28 to Friday, March 2 at 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM, and then 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM.
All proceeds from sales will go to flood relief for “Typhoon Sendong”, which struck the south coast of the Philippines in the early portion of December last year. Every dollar counts, you don’t even need to buy anything, straightforward donations are gladly accepted.
If you want to learn more about “Typhoon Sendong” and what you can do to help click here.
This video shows the aftermath of the devastating typhoon.
- Date: Tuesday, February 28 – Friday, March 2
- Time: 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM and 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- Place: Usdan
- Cost: $2.00