Interested in auditioning for Wesleying, Wesleyan’s “sassiest and most WordPress-savvy online singing group”? Scroll on, dear one. Our blog could be your life.
Wesleying is looking for new staff members! We are an entirely student-run, student-funded, student-supported campus life blog. We’ve been kickin’, in some form, since our founding in 2006 by fairy godmothers Holly ’08 and Xue ’08 and have been growing every year since then. We’re looking for bloggers, journalists, writers, photographers, interviewers, social media types, homespun Wes historians, videographers, internet addicts, photoshop fiends, and web design wizards—whatever. Frosh especially welcome.
If you love Wesleying and want to help make it the weird, irreverent, and colorful media space it has become—or if you just like blogging in your underwear—please stop by. In the immortal words of The Great Sheek, “All you need is Internet access, the ability to string sentences together coherently, and an interest in life at Wesleyan as it is, was, and might be.”
Why you should join Wesleying:
- You write stuff and thousands (literally) of people read it.
- The opportunity to interview powerful people.
- Occasional offers of fancy press passes for cool conferences.
- You can shed light on campus issues that are close to home (or not).
- Know everything that’s happening on campus before anybody else.
- Access to the drama-filled amusement ride that is the Wesleying listserv.
- Wesleying alums have gone on to awesome publications (like Wired and Newsweek) and continue to shred it. If you’re interested in journalism at all, this is where it’s at.