Want to hear about Wesleyan’s involvement in prison education and criminal justice reform? Maddie Neufeld ’12 writes in with some, er, arresting information:
Join us for a panel discussion on Wesleyan’s Center for Prison Education, featuring members of the initiative’s advisory board. Come hear from leaders in criminal justice reform about Wesleyan’s pioneering work bringing educational opportunity into Connecticut’s prisons. Board members include Majora Carter ’88, MacArthur Genius and environmental activist, Ted Shaw ’76, former NAACP attorney, Greg Berman ’88, Director of the Center for Court Innovation, Katherine Eyster ’10, former CPE volunteer, Russell Perkins ’09, CPE co-founder and Rhodes Scholar, Randy Ezratty P’13, music producer and engineer, Professor Andy Szegedy-Maszak, Mike Lawlor, CT’s Undersecretary for Criminal Justice, and Max Kenner, Bard Prison Initiative Director.
Date: Saturday, October 20th
Time: 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Place: Exley 150
Not a Wesleyan student/alum? Off campus? Sleeping off a wild Fountain party? Working at some other event? Never fear! Various WESeminars will be webcasted (WEScasted) live online – as will be the 176th Commencement ceremony. After the live webcasts are finished, the videos will also be archived to watch whenever. Keep in mind that “viewing capacity is limited to approximately 600 simultaneous connections” so you may not be able to view certain events live, but they’ll be up eventually.
WESeminars and such being WEScasted:
- WESeminar 6. Challenges to the Open University
- Wesleyan Assembly and Alumni Association Annual Meeting Featuring President Michael S. Roth ’78: “Wesleyan Then and Now”
- Weseminar 19. The Economy: Up, Down, Sideways, or All of the Above
- WESeminar 22. The Greening of South Bronx
- WESeminar 23. Non-Stop News and Information: Golden Era or Age of Decline? (how do we deal with an “age of blogs and fast-moving Web reports,” “a revolution in 24-hour delivery”? sounds right up Wesleying’s alley)
- WESeminar 27. An Hour With Blue Man Group Co-Founder Chris Wink
- Wesleyan’s 176th Commencement Ceremony
Note that you’ll need Quicktime to view the WEScasts.
If you are here, be sure to check out the full schedule for the weekend.