Casey Reed ’12 and distinguished senior, Claire O’Brien ’12, write in to tell you about one of the best places to work on campus. I ain’t even playin’. Their words and awesome designs below:
- Work for a non-profit organization (The Wesleyan Fund)
- Be part of a competitive team
- Practice crucial communications skills with alumni and parents
Work-Study AND Non-Work-Study applicants are eligble! Need more information? Come to one of the following info sessions all in PAC 002!
1) Sunday September 11, 8-9 p.m.
2) Monday September 12, 8-9 p.m.
3) Tuesday September 13, 8-9 p.m.
Note: Résumés and cover letters are required as we will have many applicants. No expertise is necessary.For futher information, please contact: Claire O’Brien ’12, Head manager (ceobrien@wes) or Dan Bloom ’10, Program Director (djbloom@wes).
Life may not continue after death, but you’ll be comforted to know that Wesleyan keeps the guilt trips coming after you graduate. This slip came in the mail today from the Wesleyan Fund:
Text: “Wesleyan solicits approximately 24,000 alumni, parents, and friends via postal mail at least once each year. Many receive additional mailings. By making your gift early, you can help save resources and contribute to Wesleyan’s commitment to environmental sustainability. As an added incentive, the money saved on donor mailings can go where it counts: financial aid, teaching, and campus improvements.”
Layin’ it on thick, huh, Wesleyan Fund?
Anand Satchidanandan ’08 writes:
Every year, the Wesleyan Fund makes the senior class a T-shirt in recognition of their senior gift. This year’s “Senior Tee” needs a funky, smart, absolutely senior-esque design that showcases Wes ‘09ers.
Winners of the contest will receive a free Senior Pass courtesy of the Wesleyan Fund! Designs:
- Must encourage financially supporting Wesleyan
- Must contain the words “Wesleyan Fund”
- Can use up to 3 colors on a white background
- Can use both the front and back of the T-shirt
- Cannot contain profanity, offensive language, or slurs
Designs are due by October 1 at 4:00 PM. Winners will be selected and informed by mail, and will receive recognition at senior class events in the spring. Please mail/email your name, class year, contact details, and designs to:
164 Mount Vernon St.